Wednesday, September 22, 2010

By The Sea

Image Credit : Ogmore by sea triptych



Oft I sit at the edge of the sea
and listen to the sound of the waves
Which collide against the rocks at the shore
At times being wild and furious
Rushing onwards with uninterrupted swing
Burbling with a never ending rage


Oft I sit at the edge of the sea
 and listen to the sound of the waves
Which move along with tranquility to the shore
At times being calm and serene
Gushing through the sea a silence
A voice so profound and gentle.

Oft I sit at the edge of the sea
And listen to the voice so deep.
How mysteriously enchanting is the sea
that whispers thousands of tales:
Tales of war and love and peace
Of happiness and laughter
Of death and misery.

Oft I sit at the edge of the sea
And listen to the sound of the waves.


A poem by : Shilpi Bose a.k.a @shilpiiz

About Writer :
She is  a writer and a vocarious reader. Wife and mom.  A typical saggi-sarcastic, independent, friendly, optimist and perfect but addicted to caffein.

21 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome! :) Great job Shilpi :)

Neo said...

This is so amazing ... I love the word. You are Really good with words Shilpi *hugs*

"Oft I sit at the edge of the sea
And listen to the voice so deep."

Kudos!

mamadimas said...

A beautiful poem, dear. An amazing piece. Great job, Shilpi dear. Love it so a lot! (((HUGS)))

Mani Viswanathan said...

Nice poem Shilpi. Keep it up :-)

Blanquis said...

Beautiful, I love it!

Flemcy said...

Wonderful Poem Shilpi!

Unknown said...

@Nicky Thanks a lot dear :) *hugs*

Unknown said...

@Neo Thanks a lot Ruhani for your comment :) I'm glad that you liked it, means a lot to me. *Hugs*

Unknown said...

@princess Thank you so much dear :) I'm really happy that you like it *Hugs*

Unknown said...

@Mani Thank you so much :)

@Flemcy Thanks dear :)

Unknown said...

@Blanquis Glad that you like it Blanca, Thanks so much :)

Harsha K N said...

very nice one :) grt going :)

ShebaJo said...

beautiful. makes me want to be by the sea.

Unknown said...

@Harsha Thank you :)

@ShebaJo thank you so much :) I've penned down my thoughts..I'm glad that it makes you feel... *Hugs*

aristotle said...

A poem from the core of the heart. You feel the waves splashing and the joy and agony. Emotional and very well placed out. May more come from you

Unknown said...

Thank you so much :)

Mysticminds said...

Amazing sis...u rock!!! Never knew u had another hidden talent inside you!! Keep up the good work!!

Unknown said...

Aww thanks dear :) btw how can you forget my teenage poems lol ;)

shawn said...

Ahhh Shilpi~~ Great Job!! I like the way you illustrate how the same setup, the same surroundings, can give way to such varying emotions.

Once again, great job! Hope to see more~ =D

Unknown said...

Thank you Shawn :) I just poured out my thoughts here, glad you guys liked it :D

Admin said...

thank you all for the comments. And Shilpi thank you very much for that beautiful poem :) - Dii

Post a Comment